feeling self-revealing today1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
Provence. Or Marin County. Such a clichè.
2. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLES OF CLOTHING?
My black sweaters with zippers up the front.
3. THE LAST CDs YOU BOUGHT?
Bloodshot's Tribute to Wanda Jackson, Rockabilly Goddess.
4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
Whenever my daughter does.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
My exquisitely retro mint-green Kitchenaid mixer.
6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
7. FAVORITE COLOR?
8. WHICH VEHICLE DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR, MOTORCYCLE, OR SUV?
A late 70s 2-door Saab sedan. I'm an academic through and through.
9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE AFTERLIFE?
10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
Margaret Wise Brown's The Little Fur Family.
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
12. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
Puritan gravestone art.
13. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
The ability to stretch time.
14. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
Ha! I can barely walk upright.
15. ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO?
None. It's done.
16. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED?
Nothing, unless my daughter shoved it there.
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
19. FROM THE PEOPLE WHO NORMALLY READ YOUR BLOG, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
I'm not sure anyone reads it! ;)
20. ON WHICH BLOG DID YOU FIND THIS MEME?
Everywhere. It's omnipresent.
21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER?
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL?
Anything cooked by someone else.
24. DESCRIBE YOUR PJS.
Same as my daytime clothes.
25. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST?
Huevos rancheros. Or leftover pizza.
26. DO YOU LIKE YOUR JOB?
I love my job.
27. WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?
The one I have. I'd like to teach fewer classes and write semi-trashy feminist mysteries.
28. WHAT AGE DO YOU PLAN TO RETIRE?
Are you kidding? This is my first year with a "real" (i.e., tenure-line) job. I'll just drop dead over a pile of grading in my office, at this rate.
29. WHERE DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
My apartment. I rented him a room.
30. SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT YOU HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE.
Go to Macchu Picchu. Or Angkor Wat. Publish fiction.