Sunday, April 10, 2005

And now for something completely different

I've caught the poetry month blog-bug. Trying to pick a "favorite" poem is simply impossible for me—my favorites change depending on what is going on in my life. Sometimes I like rhymes; other times, I'm all about free verse. Some days I want hard poems, and other days I'm a sucker for doggerel and bathos. But this one always gets me.

one's not half two. It's two are halves of one:
which halves reintegrating,shall occur
no death and any quantity;but than
all numerable mosts the actual more

minds ignorant of stern miraculous
this every truth-beware of heartless them
(given the scalpel,they dissect a kiss;
or,sold the reason,they undream a dream)

one is the song which fiends and angels sing:
all murdering lies by mortals told make two.
Let liars wilt,repaying life they're loaned;
we(by a gift called dying born)must grow

deep in dark least ourselves remembering
love only rides his year.
All lose,whole find

(e.e. cummings, of course)

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM , Blogger Google Page Rank 6 said...

Increase your Adsense Earnings

I noticed you have adsense ads on your page, Would you like to increase your earnings from them, Free and Legitimate way to make your clicks increase.
Come see my Blogger blog and it will tell you more.

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger Gordon said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a website related togoogle adsense software. So make sure you visit and hope it's useful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home