Monday, June 26, 2006

Best served cold

Remember these folks? And I haven't even told you about the entire evening they spent shouting the following exchange over and over:

She-neighbor: "I don't wanna kiss your ass!"

He-neighbor: "You can kiss my ass! C'mon! Kiss my ass!"

She-neighbor: "You can't make me! I'm not gonna kiss your ass! I don't wanna kiss your ass!"

Really, I'm sure they are lovely, classy folks—at least before the sun goes down.

Tonight, however, my daughter announced--unprecedentedly, and just after being tucked in and lights out--that she needed to use the potty. She did, in fact.

Our bathroom is directly opposite their patio, where if I didn't avert my eyes, I could have seen them smoking, relaxing at the end of a hot day, sipping beers.

That is, until my daughter produced a refrain of her own (imagine this crowed loudly and repeatedly, with the glee and satisfaction that only a 2-3 year old feels in bodily productions of such kinds):

"That was a BIIIIIGGGG Poop, huh mommy! A big, big, big poop! That's a big smelly poop. Poop is smelly, Mama? Stinky. I had a biiiiiiiiiig, stinky POOOOOOOOP in my butt! And now I'm peeing on that BIIIIIIIIIIIGGGG STINKY POOP! Can you smell my poop? Does it smell bad? Is it stinky? That's a big, big, big, big BIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGG STINKY POOP!!!"

8 Comments:

At 4:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect ;->.

 
At 5:41 AM , Blogger Scott Lemieux said...

Hah, good to know there's a little turnabout. :)

(Sincerest condolences, BTW.)

 
At 7:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!

 
At 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! ROTFL! :D

(Your neighbors -- !)

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger OTRgirl said...

Well, at least she stayed on topic! At least she didn't ask you to kiss anything! ;-)

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Professing Mama said...

LOL! I love it! Way to go, daughter!

BTW, that refrain (or one like it) is often heard in my house, too, While Pistola does it with the most gusto, all of us can get pretty happy when we produce, too. There's nothing like a good poop to please the crowd here. :)

 
At 3:31 PM , Blogger Terminal Degree said...

Beautiful. The two of you can think of really disgusting things to talk about very loudly on hot days for your neighbors to hear.

Cat puke is a great topic, too. :)

And the topic of "eating boogers" should get their gag reflexes going.

 
At 11:41 AM , Blogger Snickollet said...

Ah, the things I have to look forward to!

Hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home