Monday, June 25, 2007

Dispatch from the trenches

It will come as no surprise to other mothers out there that I appear to have spent the day wearing two entirely different--although approximately the same size--hoop-style earrings: one gold and one silver. I'm not sure I find it comforting that I went about my day's activities so entirely unnoticed as to have this fact unremarked upon. The joys/perils of being a woman over 35...

Obsolescence is bad; invisibility is worse. Although I suppose being invisible will have its uses.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:31 AM , Blogger Julia said...

Harry Potter could certainly share a few good uses for being invisible. One I would find handy is not having random people say stupid things to me. That would be lovely.
Sorry about the earrings.

 
At 4:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know. At an artisan center recently, I saw sets of mismatched earrings sold as pairs. Think trendy ;->.

I think it's teaching, frankly, complicated by parenting. Last year the new science teacher (four preps, mother of small child) sat down at lunch, slipped her pants legs up a little, and showed us all what she'd discovered when she got to school. She was wearing mismatched shoes.

 
At 7:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

People noticed, Dorcasina, they were just being nice and not saying anything so as not to embarrass you! You could not do anything about it, after all, besides take the earrings off -- which would leave you with blank earlobes!

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger Rev Dr Mom said...

I once had two identical pairs of shoes except for their color: one pair was navy and the other was black. I'm sure you see where this is going: I was half way through a class and looked down to see that I had on one black shoe, and one navy one.

No one mentioned it to me, either.

 
At 10:07 PM , Blogger P said...

A 35 year old mother myself, I can readily relate to your post. The other day I left for work with my shirt on inside out. Luckily for me (and my students) I noticed just before class. Like five minutes before :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home