Monday, May 5, 2008

I hate it when They are right

Even though I didn't feel well this morning, and let my daughter sleep in well beyond school starting time, I went to the gym.

Dammit, why must it be that exercising and eating slightly better (and slightly less) really does make me feel better? And if so, why do I know it will be so hard to sustain?

We did several hours of gardening yesterday. I hate gardening. I was diligent about the sunscreen...except for the back of my neck, which is now uncomfortably warm and unattractively red. But the yard does look better, and I feel good for having a) been outside; and b) done something that needed to be done. Plus I "cleaned my oven," an arduous task involving pushing the 'self-clean' button and then waiting to be sure the door is correctly locked and that the bad, bad cats can't get on the stovetop and fry their toesies.

I did reward myself with a nice glass of Knob Creek after my daughter went to bed...I'm not quite ready to take the vows of asceticism.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:39 PM , Blogger Snickollet said...

Cheers.

My to-do list is growing and growing, and most evenings still find me on the couch with the ice cream, I'm afraid.

 
At 1:10 PM , Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

Just stopping in to say hi. It's been a while. Sending you hugs-
YT

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad. Let it ebb and flow and trust that a down day or 3 doesn't mean that it won't come back.

Love you & missing you.

Marguerite

 
At 9:56 PM , Blogger Julia said...

I hate burning the back of my neck-- it's like having own personal heater with no thermoregulation. Ugh.
That glass of wine sounds great, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home