Friday, April 14, 2006

Is this what they mean by "ether"?

Things I really, really, really need to be able to tell my husband about:

1. The brewing battle between two all-dwarf Kiss tribute bands.

2. Yesterday's "Bizarro" strip (sorry--impossible to link. It's the one with the cemetery for men only, featuring "famous last words" of home repair attempts)

3. The current New Yorker cartoon of the wife waking her husband up because she just remembered what he did to piss her off.

4. The witty, delightful Karen Armstrong on NPR this morning. At one point she mentioned a creation myth involving splitting a female sea creature in half to create heaven and earth, "just like she was a giant shellfish." My husband, while agnostic/atheistic, shared my fascination with the idea and practice of "faith," and was a huge fan of her historicist approach to the world's religions.

Baby, can you hear me?

5 Comments:

At 10:31 AM , Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

{{dorcasina}}

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger Snickollet said...

I'm so sorry he's not right there next to you for you to share these thing with him.

I'm also completely disturbed/fascinated/amused/horrified by the dwarf Kiss tribute bands. I just don't know what to say about that.

 
At 4:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Karen Armstrong - she has such a ...is constructive the word I want? approach.
I am sorry he's not here.

 
At 5:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some conversations never end. You have a certain voice that came into being because your husband was there to hear and to respond. Don't let it fall silent; it was his gift to you - one among many.

 
At 11:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to believe that in the great beyond, one can always hear a loved one's thoughts about Mini KISS. Saw them at a minor league hockey game not long ago. They were awesome, in a not overly talented sort of way.

http://tinyurl.com/md6h8

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home