Wednesday, January 17, 2007

News Flash

Dear Suicide/Homicide-Prevention Hotline,
I am no longer in immediate need of your intervention. The snow is melting, and my daughter's school has reopened! In addition, I have now realized that the crucial catalyst in Sylvia Plath's tragic death is neither her husband's infidelity, her poetic anxiety, or even a serious chemical imbalance. It was being housebound in frozen London with her two small children. The article I intend to produce from my insight will bring me fame, fortune, and tenure. And I have an electric stove.
Thanks for returning my calls,
xxxooo
Dorcasina

3 Comments:

At 1:26 PM , Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

Oy.
Thinking of you and the little one.

 
At 6:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read the article, I'm sure it'll help the oh so many homebound mothers in the middle of winter:) Glad things are thawing.

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger Terminal Degree said...

Ugh. You've had such an awful winter there. The Uni where I used to teach (not too far from yours, I think) hasn't had a regular school week yet.

Over the holiday, I called a friend in your area, who said her house was 40 degrees. They were wearing their winter coats inside. I felt so bad for her little ones.

Hope your little one is none the worse for wear now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home