Sunday, April 29, 2007

Freudenschade

After a week of endless bitching about my in-laws, I managed to get myself invited to a family birthday bbq this weekend--which I then proceeded to resent, complain about, and generally act like a total ass regarding. Worse yet, in my stupid desire to get invited somewhere I didn't want to go by people I don't really like, I managed to create a train-wreck schedule for this weekend, wherein I left too little time for the grading, reading, and life chores that had to get done.

My daughter obliged me by developing a 101-degree fever while I was out today, thereby allowing me to cancel on the bbq guiltlessly, at the last possible moment. I mean, it's what any good mother would do, right?

Heh. Heh. Heh.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:42 PM , Blogger Yankee T said...

Oh, dear-I know that sometimes I can't get out of my own way! Sorry the punkin' had a fever, but at least you got those hours back.
Thinking of you-

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger Bad Alice said...

Oh hell, I'll admit to canceling out just because I thought a kid might possibly develop fever at some point in the next 48 hours. You can never be too careful, after all, about spreading infection.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home