Thursday, March 22, 2007

Near Miss

I narrowly escaped the quintessential suburban death today: I ducked around the double-parked Cheet-Os truck in my mad dash to escape the discount big-box store, and was nearly pancaked by a guy in an Escalade who was yapping on his cell phone.

They say you can tell a lot about a culture by its death rituals. I don't suppose this is what they had in mind.

Anyway, my bags of cheap, non-biodegrable, Chinese-produced consumer goods and I are all fine, thanks for asking.

4 Comments:

At 11:54 AM , Blogger wwwmama said...

So glad you're ok! These things always shake me up for days.

 
At 4:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're OK, too :-).

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

freakin cell phones!

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger Snickollet said...

Parking lots deserve their own special circle in hell.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home