Thursday, February 8, 2007

All by myself...or not

My mother's here for a visit. As usual, there are minor stresses, but I'm astounded by how lonely I have been--how nice it is to come home to someone (other than my fabulous four-year-old) to talk to. And to have help with all the minutiae of motherhood, home maintenance, etc. But most of all, it's just nice to feel a little less alone in the world, at least for a while. Until, of course, all the little things we do differently (and many of those we do alike) start to drive me nuts.

Maybe I should get a roommate?

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does she live very far from you? Maybe short but more frequent visits would be good down the road. I hated having a roommate, can't imagine it with kids.

I hope the visit goes well, that with her there to help you out you get some time just for you to enjoy something you love but don't normally get to do.

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger OTRgirl said...

Maybe the right roomate could be a neat solution. Could be an invasion of space and frustrating, or could be a neat place of community.

Parents! We all want them to come make it all better and then they show up in all their human frailty/glory and drive us nuts. What are you going to do?

 
At 6:46 AM , Blogger Snickollet said...

A single-mom friend of mine has a roommate. Like any roommate situation, it has its ups and downs, but overall she likes it. They don't interact all that much, even, but she finds that it's nice to have someone else in the house, someone to chat with while cooking dinner, etc.

There's just no perfect solution. Enjoy the time with your mom. Feeling lonely sucks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home