Saturday, January 27, 2007

Note to my bossy S-i-L

I know you call me to be nice, and I appreciate it. It's more than most of the family bothers to do, these days. But please do not equate your choice to stay home with your kids while living on your husband's very generous salary with my own situation. My "single income" has not one iota of choice involved, and it is substantially less than yours. This is an issue only when you try to "out-poor" me, so please knock it off.

And while you are at it, could you find a way to remind the rest of the family that my work is not just some peculiar asexual "career woman" impulse that demonstrates my unfitness for motherhood, but the thing that keeps us fed and clothed and provided sustenance for my dying husband--your brother? I can't manage to put it in language that translates.

You're a peach,
Dorcasina.

4 Comments:

At 1:59 PM , Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

Aw, geez, Dorcasina, I'm sorry about all that. If only one person is going to contact you, you'd think she'd make it nice.

Out here in bloggy land, WE love you. I hope that helps.

 
At 6:06 AM , Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

Thanks for stopping by. So nice to see you "out and about". Thinking of you-
YT

 
At 7:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, when folks try and compare anything, it's usually just a path that causes someone insult...being your SIL you'd think she'd get it. Sorry you have to deal with that crap.

Ditto what YT said, out here in bloggy land we're all sending you good thoughts and hard hugs.

 
At 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto YT and little sis. WE love you -- and if we knew where you were, and were at all able to be close, we'd be helping you with chores and dinner on Fridays too. Lots of love.

Theodora

Signed in anonymous b/c of the vagaries of blogger....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home