Friday, March 16, 2007

Signs of spring

1. The beautiful pink cherrytree blossoms lining every street.
2. Daffodils. Everywhere.
3. The guy in the pick-up truck flirting with me on the freeway. For a good 10 miles.
4. Opening the sunroof (hell yeah, it's chilly...)
5. The cute picnic table/bench combo (child-size) that I "liberated" from my neighbors' trash pile (thanks to my sister's help)
6. My tax refund!
7. New capris I can't wait to wear.

Movie note: I just watched "Sarah Silverman; Jesus is Magic." I don't know what to think, except that my husband would have loved her irreverence. There's something troubling about the way she uses her cultural and aesthetic privilege (she's gorgeous) to say such awful things. Maybe it's funny; maybe I'm too old; maybe it's so "ironic" that it is lost on my earnest liberal self.

I do like it when she says, "I don't care if you think I'm a racist; I just want you to think I'm thin."

Recommended for the musical numbers. Maybe I would've found her self-described "edgy" racist material more amusing if I had seen anyone in the audience, laughing, who wasn't white.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah on the daffodils, cherry blossoms and the flirt, all good reminders of spring...as for Sarah Silverman, I saw it recently on SHO I think it was, my response was so similar to yours.

I love liberating used but still cute and usable items, my kids call it "adopting" an old toy/item who needs a new home.

Still waiting on our refund, I'll be doing a happy dance:)

 
At 7:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! I met some cute new capris today too. Such a nice thing.
xoxo
Bobo's mom

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger Snickollet said...

This was the shot in the arm I needed after a long weekend buried under snow. In my only outing (to the mall! ugh) I tried on pants that were my pre-pregnancy size that I couldn't button. I just felt blah all weekend.

Your post was a nice reminder that spring is on the way. And that I need to do my taxes--I'm expecting a refund, too!

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

Glad there's some good stuff. Spring does wonders for the soul, eh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home