Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ponderations

1. It must be spring: the lawn guy came, followed immediately by two days of cold rain on my strawberry plants.

2. Why am I not comforted by Southwest's grounding 41 of their planes today when I just booked cross-country travel with them for next month?

3. Is it so wrong that I am obsessed with finding a humane way to euthanise my cats, all of whom are unbearable pests? Even my daughter says, "Mamma, our pets are PESTS, right?" A closed garage, a running car, the radio playing "Meow Mix" commercials--not a bad way to go, am I right?*


*(Before someone gets all PETA on my ass, let me remind you that all 4 cats, the dog, and the bunny are rescued, and that I am spectacularly unlikely to carry out this plan, especially now that the plumbers have refilled the dirt in my recent plumbing job; that would have been a Hoffa-esque ending for their little kitty corpses....)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 4:05 PM , Blogger Julia said...

Hm... if you actually get one of the 41 planes next month, after the repairs, that should be pretty safe, right? Right?

 
At 4:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

One hopes, Julia....one hopes!

 
At 9:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you're funny too. but i think i'm funny too so maybe i'm not so credible?
and, i will remain anonymous, because despite a largely unearned but attainable b.a. and at least two jobs working at internet companies, i am unable to figure out how to log in using my google name/pwd.
is it just me?

i think you're better off on the company they just caught not fixing their planes than the one they haven't caught yet?

 
At 10:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember how I came across your posts in the first place, but for like a year now I can't stop reading it.
I'm pretty sure you're a genius.
....well, except for the homeownership part. :D
(sorry, I had to!)
You should probly not decide to stop writing for any reason.
Death may be an acceptable reason, I guess.
....But you may want to check the rental agreement and see if it's allowed.

 
At 6:56 AM , Blogger Snickollet said...

My cat died about six weeks after John.

Part of me was sad, but the truth is that part of me was relieved. Awful, I know, but true. I would give, give, give all day to the twins and my work and then finally get the kids to bed and take a minute to breathe and the cat would be ALL OVER ME. I just didn't have anything to give her at that point. So, yes, relieved, and a bit guilt-ridden.

Strawberry plants! Lovely.

 
At 12:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice writing. Very nice. Check out Helium.com, they could use some talent. If your ambitions stop at your blog, very well. It made me smile today. So, my Killarny-Kalendar-Kitty-Killer, have a great day. (Sorry, had to do that. typus-tourrettes, alliterative symplex)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home