Tuesday, November 22, 2005

As if it weren't bad enough

I just got one of those automated calls...You know, the kind with a recorded sales or political pitch? I usually hang up if there is dead air space, but lately my lovely niece calls me, and it sometimes takes her a moment to collect her thoughts, so I've been less liable to slam the receiver down.

Dorcasina: "Hello?" (pause, pause). "HelLO?" (pause)
Recorded voice: "I'm sorry. Goodbye."

I've either received a sympathy call from Heaven, or, I suspect, been hung up on by an automated caller.

Can things get any worse?

1 Comments:

At 11:40 AM , Blogger Professing Mama said...

Good grief! I'm sorry, Dorcasina.

On an unrelated note, I very much
appreciate the thoughtful comments you left on my blog. Thanks for being a friend. The fact that you can reach out to help others when you are dealing with such a profound loss says a lot about you.

You are special, and fuck those telemarketers if they don't want to talk to you. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home