Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Too much is not enough

I've been composing blog entries in my head, but haven't had the energy to actually write them. Thank God for ABDMom for providing me with something I can post:

ABC

Accent: Don't have one. I'm from the west coast, and none of us think we have one.

Booze: Maker's Mark Manhattan.

Chore I Hate: Cleaning out the catbox. Duh!

Dog or Cat: Cats. But I've started the ball rolling on getting a dog.

Essential Electronics: My computer and my husband's laptop. My ipod, which makes me feel so much younger and cooler than I am. The DVD/VCR for when I am being bad bad Mama.

Favorite Cologne: L'Occitane's Green Tea

Gold or Silver: Platinum!

Hometown: (does this mean where I was born, or where I grew up? Both are college towns; one flat and deadly dull, one hilly and perhaps too exciting...)

Insomnia: Is this a joke question? I spend more time awake than asleep between 11-6 a.m.

Job Title: Dr. Mama. Assistant Professor. Frickin'-finally PhD.

Kids: One. She's perfect.

Living arrangements: Me, my perfect daughter, and too many ungrateful and ill-tempered cats. And a whole house full of memories. And a bunny rescued from alongside a busy road.

Most admirable traits: Sheer endurance. Once, long ago, a sense of humor.

Number of sexual partners: Not telling. Sorry, y'all. Okay, only one for the last 10 years.

Overnight hospital stays: None for myself. More than I can count with my husband.

Phobias: Do I have any? I was once irrationally afraid of getting HIV from a tattoo needle.

Quote: "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess"--Oscar Wilde; "If you can't say something nice, then come sit over here by me" (variously attributed).

Religion: Quaker.

Siblings: One. But she's awesome, so I don't need any others.

Time I wake up: 3 a.m., 5 a.m., 6:30 a.m., 7:15 a.m...

Unusual talent or skill: I can touch the tip of my nose with the tip of my tongue.

Vegetable I love: Brussels sprouts. No, really. Sauteed with butter--lots, and lots of butter.

Worst habit: Where to start? Compulsive tidyness. Fingernail biting. Cussing. Expecting the sky to fall in (oh, wait, I was right about that one).

X-rays: Right wrist. teeth.

Yummy foods I make: Pesto lasagna. Black bean chili.

Zodiac sign: Scorpio. I'm too tired to be mysterious, sexy, and scorp-ish these days. I'd like to request a zodiac sign that doesn't evoke raised eyebrows and ribald laughs.

3 Comments:

At 11:25 PM , Blogger Terminal Degree said...

Of course we don't have accents here. It's everyone else who talks funny, right? :)

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger OTRgirl said...

Nice meme! I enjoy seeing how different people answer this one.

Each time I stop by I think of how tired you must be right now (well, in addition to not sleeping-enough-tired).

 
At 5:33 PM , Blogger Terminal Degree said...

I hate spammers. Sheesh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home