Wednesday, October 3, 2007

This just in....

My sister and favorite correspondent has just sent me the link to Point Break Live!, description as follows:
Point Break LIVE!, the absurdist stage adaptation of the 1992 Keanu Reeves/Patrick Swayze extreme-sports blockbuster, tells the story of former college football star Johnny Utah (Reeves in the film), as he pursues the surfing, bankrobbing, skydiving, bare-hand-fighting, adrenaline junkie cum Zen Master, Bodhi Sattva. The Brechtian blockbuster, which garnered a "Seattle P-I Best of Seattle 2004" award during its run in the Northwest, features armed robbery, big-wave surfing, car chases, explosions, and no less than two extended skydiving sequences. Best of all, you could be the next Johnny Utah... the starring role of Keanu will be selected at random from the audience each night, and will read their entire script off of cue-cards. This method manages to capture the rawness of a Keanu Reeves performance, even from those who generally think themselves incapable of acting.


This coincides nicely with my favorite description of Keanu's acting ability: "If he had two more legs, he'd be a coffee table."

In other news, my three-year-old nephew, upon hearing that he was to have a sitter, said somewhat resignedly, "Babysitters all wear bras, don't they?"

If you only knew, Little Man. If you only knew.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:23 AM , Blogger Visiting Prof said...

"I ... AM ... an EFF-BEE-EYE agent!" That line gets me every time.

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger OTRgirl said...

Just caught up on your posts. No wonder it's been hard to write lately, your poor little girl! And poor you! Ugh. That sounds awful. Though you wrote quite evocative descriptions of the variations of phlegm, not an easy task.

Don't blame yourself for the lassitude. Is it an anniversary season? I would stop caring about life and hole up in my house at set points in the year for a few years after Mom died: her birthday, 'cancer summer', her death anniversary, and the whole Christmas season.

 
At 7:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just reading some of your posts and found them very pleasant. I've been science blogging for about a year www.brainavalanche.blogspot.com and trying to improve my writing.

Would you have any advice for me?

Thanks
Jon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home