Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hard-earned wisdom

My caffeine levels are back in whack today, so am feeling less grouchy. These things I hold to be true, if not self-evident:

1. Jello shooters involving Knob Creek bourbon and orange jello are not the panacea I'd hoped they would be. Nor are they suitable for a metabolism that has been in use for more than, say, 22 years.

2. As much as I love libraries, there's a way in which checking out and returning books is like dating someone else's husband. You know they will never be truly yours.

I hope you feel edified.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your new look here!

Catching up on your posts, congrats on getting the old tenants out and good luck on the search for new ones that can spell complete words and say "hello" when the pickup the phone.

I can't remember the last time I had a jello shooter, but the 3 martinis nearly did me in the other night for our "mom's night out". I thought the college aged sitter home for summer was snickering as she walked out the door, luckily all the children were tucked in already.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home