Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Deja F-ing Vu

Another person lost to this damn disease, this time the mother of a dear friend. It's no easier, there's no "meaning," and it doesn't make sense. The tired old clichés are just as tired, just as useless, the words of sympathy just as hollow and futile.

It's not okay.
It won't be all right.
It's not "for a reason."
It's never "for the best."
It's not "meant to be."

It sucks that there are more of us enduring the unendurable, numb and hollow and broken.

We're thinking of you, MM. And of everything we have all lost.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:23 AM , Blogger Snickollet said...

It's not okay.
It won't be all right.
It's not "for a reason."
It's never "for the best."
It's not "meant to be."

Amen, sister, to all of the above. I'm thinking of MM, too.

 
At 7:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sucks, when my dad died that's the thing a friend said in my ear as she gave me a hug, "I'm sorry, it sucks, I love you" That one I remember.

Love and hugs to you and your friend, it sucks.

 
At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. So much.

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Lurker for a while, here, delurking to echo these statements. I wrote a post a while ago about how much I hated that 'everything happens for a reason crap,' The 'god's plan' bullshit makes me crazy.

Sometimes life blows, and there isn't any other thing that can explain it away.

Wishing your friend some peace...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home