Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Head games

The weather here is bloody, bloody awful. Cold, windy, and fiercely wet. This morning, I loaded the dog into the car for his trip to the doggie daycare (don't ask; it's the one thing that tires him out, and gives me a reprieve). As I slammed the tailgate shut, I realized that my lovely daughter had not, as she usually does, climbed up into her car seat.

Instead, she was standing at the corner of the house, under the one place where the water runs freely down the eaves, unrestricted by gutters. Her hood was up, so that the water cascaded down onto her the top of her head, and then splattered all over her.

"Look, Mama!" She cried. "I'm playing with my friend Drippy! I can only play with him when it's raining; he goes away on sunny days!"

Indeed.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:30 PM , Blogger Snickollet said...

I must confess that this story made me laugh out loud.

 
At 12:46 PM , Blogger Yankee T said...

I love her.

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger OTRgirl said...

Hilarious! (though much funnier from a distance, I'm sure)

 
At 11:47 PM , Blogger Julia said...

Nice!

 
At 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's beautiful. I remember doing the same thing at school during rainy season--it was good not to care about being wet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home